Carry out this simple test yourself.
If you have a suspicion that there might be a water leak on your property there is a simple DIY test that you can carry out to check if there is a problem before you need to call out your plumber.
1. Locate your water meter, it is usually near the front of your property.
2. Turn off all taps. Check that all appliances that use water, such as washing machines, dishwashers and coffee machines, fridges are switched off.
3. NB: Do not turn off the stop tap next to the water meter or at the toilet
4. Make sure all household members refrain from water during the testing time.
5. Make a note of the reading that is on the meter
6. After 1-2 hours, return to the meter and take a second reading. If the numbers have increased you can carry out a re-test again just to be sure or ring us Get Plumbing who will be able to assist you in resolving the problem.
Get Plumbing’s servicemen (and women) carry leak detection units on board so they can identify the problem immediately. Once the source has been detected, they will be able to advise you of all the options available to you. Most water leaks are hidden, which means the problem can go unsuspected for long periods of time. If left unattended for extended periods, leaks can become a very expensive issue so we will give your sound advice on how to keep any damage, disruption and cost to the minimum.